Depending on the size of the project, the breadth of this role varies considerably. The successful applicant will not only be an effective solution architect but will also have expertise in many other functions of an IT project with the ability to be involved in the full system implementation life cycle.
Key responsibilities include:
- Quickly grasp existing architecture designs and patterns
- Produce clear effective solution designs, often preparing several alternative designs
- Review solution designs and alternatives and provide constructive expert advice
- Understand business requirements, assist the business in articulating and prioritising these requirements.
- Produce clear and detailed technical designs ready to be handed over to a development team
- Work closely with the development team and when required configure solutions in Dynamics CRM / 365 fully utilising the latest product features and best business practices
- Review and test releases to ensure that features can be traced right through from business requirements to implementation.
- Be involved in the full system implementation life cycle (including requirements gathering, solution design, build, testing, implementation and support)
- Prepare and implement migration plans. This includes migrating other platforms to Dynamics, Dynamics version upgrades, data migration, rollout strategies, end user training, decommissioning and any other related considerations.
- Work closely with end users to understand their needs and objectives, provide them with guidance as required.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other key business and IT team members
- Ability to quickly acquire and apply new information, to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and remain result-focused
- Have project management experience or training and good knowledge of project life cycle methodologies. Have the ability to prepare and review project plans as required.
- Ability to work irregular hours to cover clients in multiple time zones
- Ability to work from home or own office productively
- Be available to travel long-haul on short notice
- Extensive Dynamics CRM / 365 product knowledge
- Knowledge of V4.0 – V9.1 required
- Extensive experience in implementing xRM solutions
- Experience in finance, resource and/or government sectors is a bonus
- IT design skills including:
- Business process design and improvement
- OO analysis and design
- Integration design and use of sequence diagrams
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Proficient with key project tools including:
- MS DevOps
- MS Visual Studio
- MS Visio
- MS Project
- College/Degree with a focus on both business and IT processes
- 5 + years’ experience in senior consultant or architect roles within the Dynamics space