“MyOE helped me with my contractor setup in the UK and they are still providing financial solutions for my limited company 10 years later”

“Since moving to London I’ve met so many great people through MyOE. They’ve really helped me to settle in well here. The events and staff are really great.”

My UK Move is a complete relocation service.

It combines all the critical elements aspiring and adventurous Australasian professionals need to follow their career paths to a new life in the UK. My UK Move takes you from initial idea, through every critical step, to working and living in the UK: 
Image module

My UK Visa takes care of all your visa requirements.

  • Investigating which work visa you require prior to entry into the UK
  • Visa application process
  • Payment options
  • Other visas you will need during your OE for travel outside of the UK
  • Repatriation into Australia or New Zealand when it’s time to go home
Image module

My Business is a comprehensive financial and administration service for Australian and New Zealand independent workers.

Reaping the potentially highly lucrative rewards of becoming a UK contractor means keeping on top of a lot of paperwork. My Business does it all for you, freeing you up to get out there and earn even more.

  • Complete account management with designated account manager
  • Fully inclusive admin fees with no hidden charges
  • NI and income tax requirements sorted to help you make returns fast
  • Public Liability, Employers Liability and Professional Indemnity cover included
  • All permissible tax relief responsibly maximised
  • 24-hour online account access
  • Hot desk facility for use of: free phone, internet and printing
  • Excellent currency conversion rates via financial partners

Since 1998, we’ve helped thousands of New Zealanders and Australians develop their careers, build exciting new UK Lives and explore Europe.

Testimonial by
Over many years I have got support and professional advice from the great team from MyOE. From my first days in London, to more advanced questions later, I have always been treated professionally … A very responsible and professional team that I trust to manage my account over many years. Regular meetups and fun events organised by MyOE has helped to find many good friends, they helped me a lot to set up and live in London.

Frequently Asked Questions

Before coming

This depends on where you will work and what you enjoy doing. If you want a full London experience, areas like Zone 2 are a good place to live.

Pending your skills and what roles you are looking for; the wait varies but is generally between 4 – 6 weeks.

This, of course, depends on your skills. The average for our tier 5 contractors is £275 – £350 per day. Accountants earn around £300 – £400.

Tier 5 refers to a 2-year visa offered by the UK to selected countries. This applies to Australians and New Zealanders, and what it means is that you have 2 years to Live, Work and Play in the UK with MyOE.

MyOE assists with finding you a job and getting you set up in the UK. We help with your relocation, getting you socialised, and generally just making your life as easy as possible – while you enjoy your UK adventure.

Contracting is essentially a project-based role that is anything from a 1 week to a 2-year role. You earn an hour/day/project rate which is usually 2.5 times better than a salary.

The earnings are much better and you’ll have much more flexibility. You’ll find yourself possibly taking home a very decent salary, which then allows you to travel a great deal more. With better earnings and flexibility your summer or winter vacations allow for a big European holiday adventure.

When here

Unless you have any ancestral rights to stay, the only option you have is Tier 2 sponsorship. This is very difficult to come by in the UK as it may be very costly for the employer. If this is a consideration for you during your stay, have a chat to us and we’ll check eligibility with your employer on your behalf.

This depends on the lineage of your family (all the way to your grandparents). Talk to us and we’ll check if you are eligible.

There are quite a few options for this. Banks are easiest; however, they are usually expensive and offer terrible rates. An alternative would be making use of our dedicated partners who offer a very good rate.

Tax rates in the UK are quite different as compared to New Zealand or Australia. PAYE (NZ) and PAYG (AUS) rates range up to 45% (for earnings over £150, 000). In the UK, you also have to pay Employers National Insurance which is taxed at 12%. We will assist as best we can to keep your taxes as low as possible.

Pension is the equivalent to superannuation in Australia and New Zealand. Pension in the UK is at a very early stage of being implemented with employers generally offering anywhere from 1% to 5% of your salary. There are options to include these into your superannuation, so give us a shout and we’ll assist.

Get in touch to discuss your overseas experience