Reaping the potentially highly lucrative rewards of becoming a UK contractor means keeping on top of a lot of paperwork. My Business does it all for you, freeing you up to get out there and earn even more.
“My OE helped me with my contractor setup in the UK and they are still providing financial solutions for my limited company 10 years later”
“Since moving to London I’ve met so many great people through MyOE. They’ve really helped me to settle in well here. The events and staff are really great.”
My UK Move is a complete relocation service.
It combines all the critical elements aspiring and adventurous Australasian professionals need to follow their career paths to a new life in the UK. My UK Move takes you from initial idea, through every critical step, to working and living in the UK:
- My Career PlanStarting with your professional profile, we create a bespoke plan that ticks every box for your move to Britain: your ideal job, where you want to live, your visa requirements, expenses, your timescales, commitments and plans for your introduction into UK life.
- My Ideal JobOur specialist recruitment team matches your skills, experience and goals to the best possible opportunities. Skype interviews will be arranged wherever possible to secure your ideal contract by the time you land in London.
- My UK VisaSorting your particular visa requirements is the next essential step. Our immigration experts take you through everything you need to know including the application process, costs and timescales. We can also help you with any visas you’ll need for further travel or repatriation.
- My UK FinancesTax, bank accounts, credit cards and national insurance set-ups. These financial necessities can be complicated and time-consuming to get up and running if you’re unfamiliar with the UK system. We do it all for you.
- My BusinessFor Professionals who wish to maximise potential earnings by taking up UK contract positions, we offer our unique services as part of the Oncore Group, to manage the associated financial obligations and paperwork.
- My New UK HomeWelcome to the UK! Through our network of residential landlords and letting agents we’ll help find the flat, house or share where you’ll feel most at home. Once you land in London, we’ll be there to meet you, help you get settled and offer as much advice as you need. Check out our Facebook page to start making friends before you land.
My UK Visa takes care of all your visa requirements.
My Business is a comprehensive financial and administration service for Australian and New Zealand independent workers.
Since 1998, we’ve helped thousand of New Zealanders and Australians develop their careers, build exciting new UK Lives and explore Europe.
Frequently Asked Questions
This depends on where you will work and what you enjoy doing. If you want a full London experience, areas like Zone 2 are a good place to live.
Pending your skills and what roles you are looking for; the wait varies but is generally between 4 – 6 weeks.
This, of course, depends on your skills. The average for our tier 5 contractors is £275 – £350 per day. Accountants earn around £300 – £400.
Tier 5 refers to a 2-year visa offered by the UK to selected countries. This applies to Australians and New Zealanders, and what it means is that you have 2 years to Live, Work and Play in the UK with MyOE.
MyOE assists with finding you a job and getting you set up in the UK. We help with your relocation, getting you socialised, and generally just making your life as easy as possible – while you enjoy your UK adventure.
Contracting is essentially a project-based role that is anything from a 1 week to a 2-year role. You earn an hour/day/project rate which is usually 2.5 times better than a salary.
The earnings are much better and you’ll have much more flexibility. You’ll find yourself possibly taking home a very decent salary, which then allows you to travel a great deal more. With better earnings and flexibility your summer or winter vacations allow for a big European holiday adventure.
Unless you have any ancestral rights to stay, the only option you have is Tier 2 sponsorship. This is very difficult to come by in the UK as it may be very costly for the employer. If this is a consideration for you during your stay, have a chat to us and we’ll check eligibility with your employer on your behalf.
This depends on the lineage of your family (all the way to your grandparents). Talk to us and we’ll check if you are eligible.
There are quite a few options for this. Banks are easiest; however, they are usually expensive and offer terrible rates. An alternative would be making use of our dedicated partners who offer a very good rate.
Tax rates in the UK are quite different as compared to New Zealand or Australia. PAYE (NZ) and PAYG (AUS) rates range up to 45% (for earnings over £150, 000). In the UK, you also have to pay Employers National Insurance which is taxed at 12%. We will assist as best we can to keep your taxes as low as possible.
Pension is the equivalent to superannuation in Australia and New Zealand. Pension in the UK is at a very early stage of being implemented with employers generally offering anywhere from 1% to 5% of your salary. There are options to include these into your superannuation, so give us a shout and we’ll assist.