Chartered Accountant and Tax Accountant
- Assist with the preparation of income tax returns and other tax compliance obligations.
- Examine accounts to determine their tax liability.
- Advise the business on issues concerning tax and reporting issues.
- Assist with internal and external audits and the preparation of statutory accounts.
- Responsible for planning and managing the year-end and reporting processes, including being the auditors’ main point of contact.
- Identification of the impact due to changes in tax legislation and precedent.
- Prepare financial documents and reports for management, shareholders, statutory or other bodies.
- Liaises with management and other professionals to compile budgets and other costs.
- Prepares periodic accounts, budgetary reviews and financial forecasts.
- Ability to quickly acquire and apply new information, to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and remain result-focused.
- Consistently meet challenges in a fast paced environment of changing priorities and circumstances.
- Identification and management of the implementation of a range of process improvements, controls, policies and procedures of the finance and business services departments;
- Develop relationships and partnering with the business and external stakeholders.
Skills & Responsibilities
- Identify and resolve issues using knowledge about the business and accounting policies
- Experienced in analysing large amounts of data and able to apply new information with strong problem solving skills.
- Strong experience reviewing and challenging deliverables to ensure timely and accurate delivery of reports to different stakeholders
- Strong project/process management skills of current processes liaising with multiple stakeholders and ensuring effective controls exist.
- Strong organisational and planning skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple workflows
- Strong leadership skills including coaching and providing professional development support to junior team members
- Strong stakeholder management coupled with excellent communication skills (both verbal & written).
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Experience in Big 4 accounting firm; 4 years experience in the industry, including in a financial services company and professional services company.
- Undergraduate university degree in Accounting/Law.
- Postgraduate university degree in Masters of Tax.
- Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Accountant qualification
Big 4 trained.
- 3+ years post qualified working experience.